Sunday, November 11, 2012

Whoa.....kind of forgot!

Apparently it doesn't take much to freak me out.  Forgot I changed the look of the blog!  I was feeling a little sentimental today.  It's Jace's 20th birthday, and he is in a far away country celebrating without his family.  I've teared up more than once today.....actually  23 times.  A mother's love for her child is so strong.....it breaks your heart to be apart on special days.....like a birthday.  I miss that kid terribly, but there is no where else in this world I would rather him be......wait, yes there is......at home.  With me.  But, I try to keep things in context by telling myself.....Jace is sacrificing 2 years of his life, so that those he teaches can be with their families for eternity......now what mother wouldn't want their child to do that?  Now I feel like I need a mental beat-down for being so selfish.  Can't help it.....he was the only one of my kids that let me do EVERYTHING for him....right down to buttering his toast.  Miss him. Happy Birthday Jace. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List